Most leaders have a running list of things they need to get done. The hard part is identifying which option is most important and will have the most impact. Additionally, it’s a challenge to actually do this most important option. To move forward and generate some momentum toward your goal, follow this grid.
- Today, what’s your top goal?
- What’s your best working option that will get you toward that goal?
The best working option question is an important one because we all have lots of things we could busy ourselves with. But which option do you have that will give you the most impact toward your goal?
- What might get in your way from acting in your best working option?
- What can you do to overcome that potential obstacle?
- Now, today or this week, what are you going to do? When?
Having a best working option is one thing, actually making a plan to carry it out is another. Follow this pattern in this short post and actually do something about the best working option you have.
This is day 13 of an exercise I’m engaging in called, 40 days of action, how to generate momentum on your most important goals. If you’d like to read the original blog, click here. If you’d like to participate in 40 days of action, click here to email me.